This is a recording of a panel discussion I participated on the topic of „How to Leverage Digital Innovation to Transform the Insurance Sector with InsurTech“.
Session: Tech Trends in Insurance and Best Practices
I had the honor to contribute to the Session of “Tech Trends in Insurance and Best Practices” at the event “Digital Finance World” 2019 in Frankfurt.
The Digital Finance World is the conference where finance innovators, traditional players, blockchain professionals, and regulation experts meet and discuss the future of digital finance. It was organized by KuppingerCole Germany.
Panel: InsurTech – Leveraging Digital Innovation to Transform Insurance Sector
The panel discussion “InsurTech – Leveraging Digital Innovation to Transform Insurance Sector” was moderated by Matthias Reinwarth from KuppingerCole Analysts and included the following panelists:
- Lukas Naab from MINDS-Medical https://www.kuppingercole.com/events/dfw2019/speakers/2186
- Uli Kleber from Accenture https://www.kuppingercole.com/events/dfw2019/speakers/2323
- Karl Heinz Passler from Baloise https://www.kuppingercole.com/events/dfw2019/speakers/2324
Main Questions Discussed
- What has happened inside of stablished insurers in terms of innovation over the last two years?
- Which line of business was faster or slower in innovating its operations?
- With which typical use cases can InsurTech startups improve the business of established insurers?
- How can insurers minimize the risk of failing, when working with an InsurTech startup?
- How can insurers build a more innovative organization to work successfully with InsurTech startups?
- Experiences with Compliance Regulations in an Insurance Group!
- How do insurers see disruptive InsurTech startups like digital brokers?
- Does InsurTech make insurers less visible to customers?
- What would you recommend to established insurers and InsurTech startups?