They talk about the trends in InsurTech and innovation in the insurance vertical. Than they discuss the problem of slow iteration cycles in P&C and Life insurance and at last they talk about if InsurTech innovations will role out into the Fintech space.
Drew Aldrich serves as a Senior Associate at AXA Strategic Ventures since February 2015. Drew has a finance background, however his passion is entrepreneurship. Mr. Aldrich co-founded and led CalendarFly.com and has been a member of the NYC startup community as an adviser and startup competition judge since 2010.
AXA Strategic Ventures is a $250 venture fund that makes seed and growth equity investments. Their checks range from €300K for seed investments up to €15M for growth equity transactions. The Venture Capital firm is backed by a sole LP – AXA.
The host of this interview is Adam Chadroff. He is an MBA Candidate at the Wharton School of Business.
This interview is provided by the Wharton FinTech Podcast. It features founders, investors, students and thinkers from the world of FinTech with unique perspectives.
In this interview you’ll learn:
- Who are you and what do you work on at AXA Strategic Ventures? (0:18)
- How do you coordinate the different funds in the regions? (2:02)
- What are your thoughts on InsurTech investments? (2:55)
- How will insurers react to InsurTech startups that are outside the distribution model? (10:55)
- About the problem of slow iteration cycles in P&C and Life insurance (12:50)
- What do you think of new products like micro and cyber insurance? (16:00)
- Will innovation come from the inside or outside of insurers? (19:05)
- About the difference between the Fintech and InsurTech space and will InsurTech role out into the Fintech space? (24:35)
- Will regulators lower burdens for startups to drive change in insurance? (28:50)
- Will the investments in InsurTech 2017 exceed the numbers of 2016? (31:25)
Watch and Listen
Running time: 34:29 (24,8 MB) Download; Original Source: https://www.acast.com/whartonfintechpodcast/wharton-fintech-lemonade-fintech-interview; Original published: Dec 23 2016